The mission of the Yellow Card Centre Scotland is to enhance and safeguard the public’s health in Scotland by ensuring that the adverse effects of medicines are minimised. To meet this objective they seek to:
- Raise the profile of adverse drug reactions as an important health issue amongst both professionals and the public in Scotland.
- Enhance the quality and quantity of spontaneous adverse drug reaction reports.
- Promote research that helps to better understand the causes, effects, and avoidance of adverse drug reactions.
- Promotion of the Yellow Card scheme to reporters.
- Education and training on adverse drug reactions and the Yellow Card scheme.
- Advice to healthcare professionals or patients on the reporting of suspected adverse drug reactions.
- Information on the number of reports received via the Yellow Card system from health board areas in Scotland in the form of annual reports and individual health boards reports.
All of Scotland.
Monday – Friday; 8.30am – 5.00pm.
Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh
51 Little France Crescent
Old Dalkeith Road