- To improve the standard of life for all looked after young people in Scotland
- To ensure that young people are consulted and given the opportunity to voice their point of view
- To raise awareness of the problems affecting young people in care.
- Working jointly with agencies, organisations and individuals who have an interest in, or influence over the welfare of young people with experience of care, with a view to improving policies and practices
- Young Persons Workers work as a team throughout Scotland making contact with young people and establishing links with young people in foster care or who have left care
- Advocacy and representation service for young people in care
- Hold conferences and seminars
- Information and training project
- Manage a website meetsid.co.uk which is about National Care Standards for Young People in Care.
- Who Cares also have Regional offices in Dundee, and Kilmarnock.
Free to young people up to the age of twenty five who have care experience.
Monday – Thursday, 9.00am – 5.00pm
Friday, 9.00am – 4.00pm.
5 Oswald Street