NHS Borders Wellbeing Service offers support to people who wish to improve their lives in one or more of the following areas:
- Emotional wellbeing (for people aged 18 and over)
- Being more active (for people aged 16 and over)
- Eating more healthily (for people aged 18 and over)
- Quitting smoking (for people aged 12 and over)
Making changes in your life can be difficult and our trained advisers will offer you support and encouragement to live well. Our advisers offer programmes of support up to 12 sessions where they will use appropriate skills and tools to help you to make changes in your lifestyle.
We offer appointments in GP practices, over the telephone or via video call using the ‘Near Me‘ platform.
Our administration team will arrange your first appointment. This appointment will be up to 60 minutes and your adviser will help you:
- Make an action plan for change
- Agree what support you need to make this change
- Signpost you to additional support you might need
- Provide access to resources , e.g. nicotine patches if you want to stop smoking or Feeling Good app
- Refer you to other services who could help you get the support you need, e.g. Live Borders, NHS Borders Psychology, or NHS Borders Dietetics
Further appointments will be up to 30 minutes and these will be arranged with your adviser.
GPs and healthcare professionals can refer patients. We also accept self-referrals from members of the public. The forms can be found on our website. Please send completed forms to email@example.com or call our admin team on 01896 824502 to make an appointment.
c/o Pamela Jaworowska
Wellbeing Service Administration Office