Volunteer Scotland (formerly known as Volunteer Development Scotland) promote, support and develop volunteering wherever it takes place : in the voluntary, public, community and business sectors. Their main focus is in the volunteering sector in Scotland but they also work with others in the rest of the UK, in Europe and further afield.
As a national centre for volunteering, Volunteer Scotland receive funded support from the Scottish Government and others to:
- research, demonstrate and measure the impact made by volunteers support paid staff and volunteers to develop skills through accessing training and easy to use volunteer development tools, policies and good practice
- offer a one stop digital gateway to everyone in Scotland who might want to find volunteer opportunities
- support organisations to post and advertise new volunteer opportunities and events through web-based tools
- provide an expert disclosure service for voluntary organisations
- help organisations and people who can influence volunteering such as funders, Government, and policy makers
- work with partners to support projects, innovation and creativity in volunteering.
Providing individuals information on what it means to be a member of the PVG Scheme, or how to fill out the form that you have been given.
Help to get started. They process your forms and provide advice, guidance and training. All of this is free but some disclosure checks must be paid for.
Last updated: May 24, 2021 12:07 pm