Offers information and support to families and carers of children and adults born with TOF/OA and related conditions.
- We organise exclusive member only events e.g. conference, meetings and parties where TOF/OA families can meet eachother.
- We provide emotional support, friendship and practical advice.
- We keep our members informed about TOF/OA news through regular emails and 3x yearly copies of CHEW, our informative newsletter, delivered for free by post or email.
- We offer the chance to be part of a friendly, supportive and international community which collaborates with other TOF/rare disease organisations and professional medical bodies in the UK and abroad.
- We have an active closed Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/TOFSMEMBERS/whereby members help and support each other.
We offer support from TOFS’ Local Contacts.
Network of local volunteers who arrange meetings.
Open to all adults and parents of children with TOF/OA and related conditions, and healthcare professionals who have a professional interest in these conditions.
Tracheo-Oesophageal Fistula (TOF) and Oesophageal Atresia (OA) are rare congenital conditions that affect one in every 3,500 babies and affect the baby’s ability to swallow. TOF means the bottom of the baby’s oesophagus (food pipe) was joined to their trachea (windpipe). With OA the baby was born with a pouch at the top of their oesophagus which prevents milk from reaching their stomach. The life-saving operation repairs, but does not cure.
St Georges Centre
91 Victoria Road