- To foster a community of good practice in mentoring in Scotland
- To raise awareness of and promote the work of Scottish Mentoring Network and its members
- To provide a national forum that will influence the development of mentoring across all sectors and respond to/inform policy and decision makers in Scotland
The Scottish Mentoring Network is the country’s principal resource for information and advice on running effective mentoring projects.
SMN is currently carrying out the following activities:
- Promoting and encouraging the use of mentoring, whilst helping member programmes to run in accordance with accepted good practice.
- Promoting membership of the network, particularly to projects actively involved in the design, development and delivery of mentoring programmes and whose staff want to ensure they keep in touch with developments around good practice and are willing to share their own experience with others.
- Drawing on the collective experience and expertise of network members to inform new programmes and organise training events.
- Providing local and thematic networking opportunities for members.
- Working in partnership with its members to ensure that their experience contributes to the pool of knowledge and in return, through their involvement, those members have access to networking and delivery opportunities.
- Developing strategic partnerships with other relevant national bodies.
- Assessing appropriate quality awards for mentoring projects and accreditation for mentoring coordinators and mentors.
- Promoting the use of our web site to members to actively engage with each other.
51 Wilson Street