Our Edinburgh office is the head office for Partners in Advocacy and is also home to our Midlothian and East Lothian services, as well as our Edinburgh services.
Our Edinburgh service has over time expanded and with this has increased the number of people we can provide a service to. So much so that we are one of the largest advocacy providers in the Edinburgh area.
Currently within the Edinburgh area we provide the following services:
Our Edinburgh City project delivers independent advocacy for adults aged 16+ living with physical disability, learning disability, those living with autism or acquired brain injury and any adults aged 65 and over. As a result of significant demand for this service we are only able to accept referrals from people who are:
- Subject to detention under the Mental Health Act
- Undergoing process of a welfare/financial guardianship application under Adults With Incapacity Act
- Subject to Adult Support and Protection measures
- Parents who have children on the child protection register or parents of children who are being removed from their care
We are hopeful that this will change in the fullness of time in order that we can resume non-statuary related advocacy provision once again.
One to one, issue based advocacy
- People with a learning disability, 16 years old or older, who have a known diagnosis and this includes conditions such as autism.
- People with physical disability, 16 years and older. Under this section of our work this includes a person with a brain injury or a dementia.
- Older people aged 65 years and older, who have nobody else to speak on their behalf.
**As a result of significant demand for our services we are currently unable to offer a collective advocacy service. When this changes we will update the information on our website to reflect the change. Group advocacy is currently suspended due to COVID 19**
- Older people with a shared goal.
- People with physical disability with a shared goal.
There are offices in Edinburgh (also covering East Lothian and Midlothian), Highland, Glasgow and Dundee. (Not all forms of advocacy provided in all areas).
Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm.
Eskmills, Station Road