Our Money Matters team provides free and confidential advice on entitlement to welfare benefits.
who can welfare rights help?
Anyone experiencing financial difficulties but particularly:
- people out of work
- individuals with long term health conditions
- people facing redundancy
- kinship carers
- single people and families in work but on low incomes
- parents of disabled children
what kind of help?
The team can:
- make claims for backdated benefits
- initiate new claims for benefits
- carry out benefit checks
- assist with complex form completion
- provide appeal representation
- provide training to Health and Social Care Partnership staff and other advice organisations
- undertake financial capability checks
- give advice on benefit sanctions.
North Ayrshire Council