To allow easier access for groups of elderly and disabled visitors to National Trust buildings and gardens.
Access Guide which provides information about accessibility at National Trust Properties.
The majority of properties are accessible
- Most properties provide manual wheelchairs, and many welcome powered wheelchairs
- In larger gardens and parks, self drive or volunteer driven vehicles are available
- All properties have adapted toilets unless otherwise stated in their guide books
- Provide leaflets and maps describing access provisions and recommended routes
- Provide braille guide books
- Operate the Sympathetic Hearing Scheme in most properties
- Properties welcome assistance dogs
- Members of the National Trust can obtain the Trust magazine and copies of newsletters on audio tape free of charge.
- The Trust offers an Essential Companion card which allows you to bring whoever you need to support you, free of charge. This is available whether or not you are a member of the National Trust.
- Free parking for blue badge holders
Access for All Office