Who we are:
The National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society (NRAS), is the only patient-led organisation in the UK specialising in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA).
NRAS provides truly expert, specialised but wide-ranging services to support, educate and campaign for individuals living with these complex autoimmune conditions, their families and the health professionals who treat them.
NRAS’ Vision & Mission:
Their vision is to support all with RA or JIA to live life to the full with an underpinning mission to:
- support everyone living with the impact of RA or JIA at the start and every step of their journey
- to inform – be their first choice for reliable information, and
- empower all to have a voice and take control of their RA or JIA
To enable the RA & JIA community to thrive by providing access to
- Expert Knowledge
Underpinning all five mission goals will be our commitment to:
- Improving equality and equity of access to best care across the UK.
- Providing and promoting the best self-management resources for those living with RA or JIA.
- Harnessing digital solutions to meet the changing requirements of the individual and the NHS.
- Analysing the impact of our services to better inform our future plans.
- Ensuring the sustainability of the charity and its services by investigating opportunities for longer term engagement with funders and some paid-for NRAS services.
- Investing in the continuous development of NRAS staff, volunteers, ambassadors, and Trustees ensuring we maintain the highest level of expertise and knowledge to support our beneficiaries and govern the organisation.
Find out more about our 2022-2025 3 year strategy at: NRAS-22-25-3-Year-Plan-FINAL.pdf
Here is an idea of just some of the types of services NRAS provide:
- Provide information and support via the helpline and an evidence-based approach to all resources we produce (including; webinars, videos, hardcopy and pdf. patient booklets etc.)
- Volunteer support network.
- Information on the latest drugs, treatment and developments.
- Campaign for better services and treatment of people with rheumatoid and juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
- Help patients, families and friends, healthcare professionals and other interested parties to connect.
- Provide support to researchers and conduct research to add to the knowledge base in this discipline.
Find out more at: Who we are | NRAS
Our offices are open Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 5.30pm.
Our helpline can be accessed from 9.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday and can be reached on freephone 0800 298 7650 or at email@example.com
Suite 3, Beechwood
Grove Park Industrial Estate
White Waltham Road