The MHRA is an executive agency of the Department of Health. It’s aim is to enhance and safeguard the health of the public by ensuring that medicines and medical devices work and are acceptably safe. No product is risk free. Underpinning all their work lie robust and fact-based judgements to ensure that the benefits to patients and the public justify the risks.
- A basic information service on medicines is provided to the public by telephone, fax or email
- System of licensing before the marketing of medicines
- Monitoring of medicines and acting on safety concerns after they have been placed on the market
- Checking standards of pharmaceutical manufacture and wholesaling
- Enforcement of medicine law
- Publication of guidance to the industry and health professionals.
10 South Colonnade