The Trust exists to provide holidays for women who are in need of a period of rest or holiday by reason of age, poverty, infirmity, disablement or social or economic circumstances. The Trust aims to provide a break needed at a crucial time
- The Trust provides financial help towards the cost of a holiday
- The Trust tries to help as many women as possible each year
- Therefore the maximum available for any holiday is normally £350.00, although this may be increased very slightly in exceptional circumstances.
how to apply:
- Under the terms of the Trust, grants are limited to women.
- You must be eighteen years of age or over to qualify.
- You must not have had a holiday in recent years.
- You must not have received a grant from the Trust for at least three years. Consideration will be given to those re-applying after three years only after applications from women who have not had a holiday for a longer period of time have been dealt with.
- A sponsoring body or person must support your application.
- Preference is given to women who are; or have been normally in employment. Women in work are considered as well as those who are not, the criteria being that the Trust provides for the woman in need. The Trust recognises that a holiday may not be financially possible even for those in work.
Making the arrangement
It is up to you to choose your own holiday and to make enquiries with a local travel agent. The Trust encourages women to go away on their own. However, if you want to accompanied, the Trust has no objection, but no additional funding is available. The money is normally paid directly to the holiday provider. The Trust receives many requests for help. Every application is considered on its merits. You should not enter into any financial commitment until the Trust has confirmed that your application has been approved. The Trust cannot make any payment unless agreement has first been obtained. If you and your sponsor decide that you meet the Trust’s criteria, you should now prepare your application.
Full details and a downloadable application form are available on the website.