To help mothers and parents to breastfeed through mother-to-mother support, encouragement, information and education and to promote a better understanding of breastfeeding as an important element in the healthy development of baby and parents.
- Provide an opportunity for mothers to meet together to learn more about breastfeeding
- Keep up-to-date with the latest research findings about breast milk
- Hold annual conferences and workshops for all members, La Leche League leaders and health professionals to increase understanding of breastfeeding
- Co-ordinate a free lending library
- La Leche League also provides information and support for mothers in special circumstances including blind mothers, babies with a cleft or soft palate, premature babies, multiple births, Down syndrome and other conditions.
A network of groups are located throughout the United Kingdom. For more details see here https://www.laleche.org.uk/find-lll-support-group/
Membership is available in three categories: Monthly, Waged or Unwaged Family, Health Professional. Contact the organisation for further details.
18 St Christopher's Way