To work with and support people with learning disabilities, their families and carers living in Scotland.
- There is a customer helpline for people who have learning disabilities, their carers and family members. They can call ENABLE Direct. It welcomes telephone, letter or email enquiries related to learning disability. (The helpline is open weekdays from 9.00am – 5.00pm) Call 0300 0200 101
- Legal Service specialising in wills and trusts
- Range of direct services to children and adults with learning disabilities in different parts of Scotland including family-based respite, after-school care, day services, training and employment, housing and support at home, befriending and help with leisure activities
- Training provided in areas such as disability awareness, team building, management and leadership, support and supervision and protection of vulnerable groups.
Anyone can join ENABLE Scotland either as a national member or through a local branch. Members include people with learning disabilities, parents, family members and professionals.
Communication support needs:
Members and service users of ENABLE Scotland may require communication support to:
- understand written and spoken language
- express themselves
- interact with others
To consult with members and service users of ENABLE Scotland and involve them in a public engagement activity contact: Information Officer; email firstname.lastname@example.org
3 Renshaw Place