To raise awareness of the nature of dyslexia and associated difficulties and to provide up to date information and advice to people with dyslexia, their families, professionals and anyone with an interest in dyslexia.
- Provide information on any aspect of dyslexia, including via factsheets, magazines, leaflets and website www.dyslexiascotland.org.uk
- Dyslexia helpline can be accessed Monday – Thursday, 10.00am 4.30pm and on Fridays, 10.00am – 4.00pm (0344 800 8484)
- Maintains contact with statutory bodies, national agencies and other organisations
- Arrange talks, seminars and conferences
- Can give advice about all areas of dyslexia
- List of recommended assessors
- National tutor list.
There are branches throughout Scotland.
Office: Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm.
Members and service users of Dyslexia Scotland may require communication support to:
- understand written language
- understand spoken language
- express themselves
- interact with others