- To give information and practical support to people with Down’s syndrome, their carers and professionals
- To raise public awareness and understanding about Down’s syndrome
- To press for better facilities and research
- To support people with Down’s syndrome to realise their full potential.
- Telephone advice and information service
- Personalised Family Support service
- Raising public awareness to issues concerning Down’s syndrome
- Compiling and producing printed information
- Working with and providing information for education, social work and health professionals
- Maintaining a resource library of videos and books
- Facilitating workshops and training for branch staff and volunteers
- Focus groups – enabling people with Down’s Syndrome to discuss a variety of topics.
- Annual conference
- Training for professionals e.g. teachers, midwives etc.
- Network of branches throughout Scotland
- Support for parents
- Pre-school groups
- Creative arts workshops
- Computer clubs.
502 Gorgie Road