- access to the built and natural environment
- access to the same opportunities as are enjoyed by others in our communities
- access to information,
- access to inclusive communication and inclusion in decision-making,
Our aim is for every disabled person to have the opportunity to participate in a fulfilling life.
We represent the views of individuals with any type of impairment, as well as disability organisations and groups who share Disability Equality Scotland’s values.
We are a membership organisation and as such listen to the views of disabled people and champion on their behalf. We work to influence the policies of the Scottish Government which affect how disabled people live, and we work to encourage others to be inclusive and informed in their attitudes towards disabled people.
We are also the umbrella organisation for all disability Access Panels in Scotland, and we are the principal provider of support and guidance to the Access Panels presently representing disabled persons at a local level throughout Scotland. Access Panels are committed to improving access and equality in its widest form which means access to the physical environment, Education, Housing, Health, Transport, Leisure & Recreation and Social Justice amongst other areas.
Engaging with our membership on key topics of concern for disabled people
- Working with the Scottish Parliament cross party group on disability
- Work with public bodies to comply with the Disability Equality Duty.
Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 4.30pm.
The Pentagon Centre
36 Washington Street