To help younger stroke survivors return to a full and active life and an active role in the community.
- Provides a regional network of exercise classes (nearly 50 classes running). Exercise class every Sunday between 2.00pm – 3.00pm in the Castlemilk Sports Centre. Contact the Co-ordinator (Kathleen Molloy on 0141 569 3200 or via Glasgow@differentstrokes.co.uk). For details of other classes contact the helpline.
- Practical information packs
- Access to counselling services
- Benefits and rights information
- Advice and information on education, special training and work opportunities.
Aims to set up exercise groups across the country.
COMMUNICATION SUPPORT NEEDS:
Members and service users of Different Strokes may require communication support to:
- understand written and spoken language
- express themselves
- interact with others
9 Canon Harnett Court