- To ensure that individuals do not suffer through ignorance of their rights and responsibilities or of the services available, or through an inability to express their needs effectively.
- To exercise a responsible influence on the development of social policies and services, both locally and nationally.
Provide free, impartial advice, information and assistance on a wide range of subjects including benefits, consumer, employment and housing issues.
The CAB runs weekly outreach clinics where an experienced adviser provides one to one advice. Current Outreach locations times as below:
- Gorebridge Library on Thursday mornings (10.00-13.00, drop-in, no appointment necessary)
- Danderhall Library on Tuesday mornings (10.00-12.00, drop-in, no appointment necessary)
- Orchard Centre, Bonnyrigg on Tuesday afternoons (1.30-3.30, by appointment, service users only)
- Newbyres Medical Centre on Wednesday mornings (9.30-12.00, by appointment, registered patients only).
Dalkeith CAB main office is based in Buccleuch Street, Dalkeith where there are drop in sessions (no appointment necessary) every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10.00am – 12.30pm. Please note these sessions get busy and you may have to wait to see an Adviser.
They also offer appointments on Monday – Thursday in the afternoons and on Wednesdays (morning and afternoon.) vand Friday mornings. To book an appointment please phone (0131 660 1636) or call in any morning (Monday – Friday) between 10.00am – 12.30pm on Monday – Thursday afternoons between 1.00pm – 3.00pm.
2 - 8 Buccleuch Street
Phone: 0131 660 1636