To support families caring for children across the UK with any disability or special need.
Works to provide contact between the families of children with any disability or special need – learning difficulties, physical disabilities, medical conditions, rare syndromes, life-threatening conditions or behavioural difficulties.
Provides information on:
- Local parent support groups: There is a network of over 1,000 of these local groups and contacts, where parents meet together to support each other and to share information
- National support networks: Some families whose children have the same specific condition form national family support networks. There are over 300 of these groups
- One-to-one links: If no national support network exists Contact a Family try to link families on a one-to-one basis with another family in similar circumstances
- Telephone helpline: Open to any parent, relative or professional worker. The helpline offers information, advice and support on a wide range of topics relating to children’s special needs
- Liaison: Contact a Family works closely with a wide range of professional workers, finding out what is going on in different parts of the country.
Helpline can be accessed Monday – Friday, 9.30am – 5.00pm.
209 - 211 City Road