To offer information and support to families who care for children with any disability or additional need – a learning disability, physical disability, medical condition, rare syndrome, life threatening condition or behavioural difficulty. They bring families together so they can support each other and provide help and information to parent support groups. They campaign to improve their circumstances, and for their right to be included and equal in society.
- Free telephone helpline for information and advice on any aspect of caring for a disabled child covering a wide range of topics such as rare conditions, welfare and benefits, medical information and parent support groups.
0808 808 3555 9.30am-5pm, Monday – Friday
- Can refer enquirers onto other national or local support networks
- Linking: They can link families on a one-to-one basis with another family in similar circumstances if no national or local support is available.
- Works closely with other organisations promoting the needs to parents and children with additional needs
- Run workshops and events.
Help is offered to parents wishing to start support groups or develop existing ones, both local and national.
Volunteer local area representatives:
Offers volunteering opportunities. For more information contact the Edinburgh office on 0131 659 2930.
Craigmillar Social Enterprise & Arts Centre
11/20 Harewood Road
Phone: 0131 659 2930
Helpline number: 0808 808 3555 9.30am-5pm, Mon - Fri