To support people to access self directed support, in order to manage their assessed community care needs.
- General advice and information regarding self directed support
- Support setting up and managing self directed support
- Initial assistance with financial monitoring forms
- Assistance with administration and record keeping
- Assistance with recruitment (advertising, interviewing etc.)
- Assistance drawing up a job description, sample contracts of employment
- Good employment practice and legal responsibilities
- Peer support
- Training e.g. employment law, health and safety, managing staff
- Advice on employer / employee relationships
- Payroll service.
Community Care Team
Health and Social Care Department
Comhairle nan Eilean Siar
Isle of Lewis