The Churches’ Child Protection Advisory Service (CCPAS) is the only independent Christian charity providing professional advice, support, training and resources in all areas of safeguarding children and for those affected by abuse.
- Helpline (0303 003 1111 option 2) with out-of-office hours service
- Assistance and on-going support in the preparation and maintenance of safeguarding policies – both for children and vulnerable adults
- Facing the Unthinkable’ child protection training seminars across the UK
- Specialist help in relation to the safe supervision and support of sex offenders attending places of worship, as well as other faith based crimes against children
- Advice to government, Local Safeguarding Children’s Boards, Children’s Services Departments, Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre, faith organisations and other bodies on policy and practice and in individual cases
- Support where child protection concerns, allegations or issues have been raised and help to those who have been affected by abuse
- A consultancy service where there are blemished disclosures – UK wide
Their services are used not only by churches and groups across the denominational spectrum, but increasingly by other faiths as well as non-faith based organisations keen to utilise the resources and expertise they offer.
PO Box 133