- To ensure that families on low incomes get their full entitlements to welfare benefits
- To campaign for improvements in both benefits and other policies to eradicate the injustice of poverty.
- Advises local advice workers on the complexities of the social security system and keeps them up-to-date with the latest developments
- Fights for rights, by taking up legal test cases to secure for people the benefits to which they are entitled
- Researches the facts about poverty, providing up-to-date analysis for decision makers, the media and the public
- Campaigns for changes in policy
- Child Poverty Action Group branches back up national campaigning work by investigating, publicising and campaigning on local poverty issues.
Various levels of membership available.
Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm
Child Poverty Action Group in Scotland
Unit 9, Ladywell,
94 Duke Street,
Glasgow G4 0UW
0141 552 3303
30 Micawber St