To improve the quality of life for people in Scotland affected by chest, heart and stroke illness, through medical research, influencing public policy, advice and information, and services in the community.
- Provides a confidential and independent advice service for people who are affected, their families, carers and health professionals. This includes a helpline and information such as publications and self management e-learning resources www.mylungsmylife.org and www.selfhelp4stroke.org
- Provides a Rehabilitation Support Service which gives practical help to people living with the effects of stroke including with speech and communication problems and piloting in some areas those living with respiratory or heart disease
- Personal support grants and benefits advice.
- Finance research projects
- Stroke training courses for health and social care professionals and informal carers in health board areas including NHS Grampian, Lothian and Borders, Dumfries and Galloway, Lanarkshire and Fife
- Stroke nurses in NHS Grampian, Highland, Lothian, Fife, Lanarkshire and Dumfries and Galloway
- Voices Scotland provides training and support for people affected by chest, heart and stroke illness involved in any public involvement work.
Network of over one hundred and fifty self-help chest, heart & stroke groups in Scotland supported by Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland. Contact the organisation for details of local groups on telephone number 0131 225 6963.
The CHSS Advice Line can be accessed from 9.30am – 4.00pm.
There are Regional Offices in Glasgow and Inverness. They can be contacted at:-
West of Scotland:
Glasgow Regional Office:
70 Pacific Quay
Off Pacific Drive
Telephone 0300 12 12 666
North of Scotland:
Inverness Regional Office:
5 Mealmarket Close
Telephone 0300 12 12 777
Fax 01463 713 699
9 Haymarket Terrace