Care Inspectorate regulate, inspect and support improvement of care, social work and child protection services for the benefit of the people who use them. Various kinds of organisations provide the services they regulate: local authorities, individuals, businesses, charities and voluntary organisations.
Their job is to regulate and inspect care, social work and child protection services so that:
- vulnerable people are safe
- the quality of these services improves
- people know the standards they have a right to expect
- they can report publicly on the quality of these services across Scotland
- they can support and encourage the development of better ways of delivering these services.
They carry out this work in a number of ways and in partnership with various stakeholders such as Education Scotland, COSLA, Scottish Care, and the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) for example.
11 Riverside Drive