- To promote understanding and awareness of counselling throughout society
- To increase the availability of counselling and psychotherapy
- To maintain and raise standards by means of accreditation schemes and codes of ethics and practice
- To provide support for counsellors
- To supply information and advice
- To represent counselling and psychotherapy at national level.
- Supervision of counsellors and counselling skills and the operation of a professional conduct procedure
- Provides support for counsellors and those using counselling skills working in areas such as education, medical settings and the work place
- Maintains directories on counselling and training resources and provides information on these and other subjects.
Membership organisation. Contact the organisation for more details.
Monday – Friday, 8.45pm – 5.00pm.
15 St John's House