To ensure that adequate advice, information and support are available to disabled people so that they may feel confident to undertake the complexities of using direct payments to manage their own care and support needs. Also support people using Independent Living Funds.
Offers information and support with:
- Financial planning
- Keeping records e.g. a separate bank account, timesheets, PAYE records, receipts, etc.
- Drawing up job descriptions and contracts of employment
- Staff recruitment, references and facilities to apply for PVG membership
- The legal requirements and responsibilities of being an employer
- Payroll services
- Liability insurance
- Health and Safety regulations
- Information on being a good employer
- Information on care and other agencies
- Emergency staffing
- Information on accessible training
- Can carry out home visits.
Monday – Friday, 9.30am – 4.30pm.