- To disseminate and collate information regarding the use of the Blissymbolics system
- To organise workshops for those intending to implement a Blissymbol programme
- To advise on specific problems arising from symbol usage.
- Provides a general enquiry line
- Runs courses on the Blissymbol system
- Publishes a regular newsletter
- Has a committee run on a voluntary basis by professionals experienced in the field of augmentative communication.
Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm.
Blissymbolics is a means of communication for those who are unable to speak. It uses symbols which can be displayed on a communication chart or in a communication book. Blissymbolics can be used by young children as a basic communication system and for language development, yet it is equally suitable as a sophisticated communication medium for adults with speech impairments. Symbols on charts are readily understandable to unfamiliar listeners as text always accompanies the symbols.
c/o ACE Centre
92 Windmill Road