To promote the welfare of all those of either sex who have lost a limb or limbs, or one or both eyes, or the use of limbs as a result of service in any branch of Her Majesty’s Forces or Auxiliary Forces and to assist their needy dependants.
- Provides permanent residential and convalescent respite accommodation through its two nursing and residential Homes at Blackpool and Crieff in Perthshire
- Provides a counselling service to individuals pre and post amputations
- Furnishes advice on Pensions and Allowances, makes representation to
- Government Departments on individual entitlements and where necessary, represents members and their dependents at Pensions Appeal Tribunals
- Provides financial assistance to members and widows in the form of grants
- Plans and organises rehabilitation programmes for the members
- Assists in finding suitable employment for members
- Provides limited funding for research and development into artificial limbs and in the training of prosthetists and orthotists
- Acts as a Consumer Watchdog in respect of the provision of artificial limbs, wheelchairs and appliances.
Seven national areas provide a link between the headquarters in Essex and the activities of nineteen branches located throughout the UK.
Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm.
Various information guides and a four monthly magazine Blesmag are all available on request.
185 - 187 High Road