The organisation was set up by parents of children with vascular birthmarks. They aim to provide UK based support for anyone with a birthmark, as well as their families and friends.
- To provide support and information to anyone who has a birthmark, and to support not only the person with the birthmark, but the whole family.
- Ensure a better understanding amongst the medical profession about types of birthmarks, possible complications and treatment, not only of the birthmark but of the whole person.
- To aid research into the cause of birthmarks (so far unknown) and possible cures.
- To raise general awareness and acceptance.
- To ease the path through schools (nursery, primary and secondary) by educating both teachers and pupils.
The website is full of useful information including:-
- Types of birthmarks
- How to get help
- News and Events
- Member Stories
- There is also an online Community.