The Big Lottery Fund (Big) is the largest distributor of National Lottery good cause funding. It is responsible for giving out 40% of the money raised for good causes by the National Lottery.
BIG is committed to bringing real improvements to communities and the lives of people most in need and has been rolling out grants to health, education, environment and charitable causes across the UK since June 2004.
The Big Lottery Fund are committed to bringing real improvements to communities, and to the lives of people most in need. 92% of their awards in 2014 went to voluntary and community organisations.
Their values: They believe in:-
- by funding projects that are most likely to make a difference where it is needed
- by running our operations as efficiently as possible, while still providing an excellent service
- focusing on the impact of our funding rather than just the process
Using knowledge and evidence:-
- to develop new programmes and make fair funding decisions
- to understand the needs and solutions for different communities
- to ensure we are meeting the needs of all our audiences including applicants and the public
Being supportive and helpful:-
- to help good projects to succeed even if they aren’t familiar with applying for Lottery funding
- through excellent customer service
- by supporting our staff to provide help and support to all audiences.
Search the website using their Funding finder facility to locate relevant funding opportunities in Scotland at http://www.biglotteryfund.org.uk/funding/funding-finder?area=Scotland . Further details and how to apply are available on their website.
Many publications are offered in a number of different formats, including Word for users who require large print, audio tapes, braille and several community languages. Contact the organisation for further details.
70 Wellington Street