To provide advice, assistance, representation and support to those who are homeless, threatened with homelessness and / or are in housing need.
- General advice, information and advocacy
- Attending interviews with clients and representation at Appeals
- Preparation of written reviews and liaison with legal representative
- Ongoing sustainment
- Landlord negotiation
- Education and Engagement Service, working with schools, colleges, older people and veterans
- First Home Service within Carrick Area (for under 25s)
- Tenure Sustainment Service, mainly relating to arrears
- Lobby local and central government on housing related matters
- The Centre works closely with other agencies, in particular, Shelter and Barnardos Homelessness Service
- Provide training for the public and private sectors on housing related matters
- Fundraise to support the work that they do – volunteers always welcome
- Also, from time to time provide a work placement via the New Deal Programme.
If a person from outwith South Ayrshire contacts the Centre they will try to link them with the appropriate agency for assistance.
7 York Street