To promote the inclusion of blind and partially sighted people at theatre, cinema, sport and cultural events by offering a commentary, which is received through a headset, and which does not obtrude on dialogue.
- Campaigns to raise the profile and standards of audio description nationwide
- Offers training for audio describers to a nationally recognised standard
- Holds a register of approved describers and trainers
- Is a source of information for describers and trainers
- Develops evaluation and monitoring of standards
- Offers advice to venues on marketing and customer care.
ADA Scotland’s broadcasting equipment can be used by members.
To book the portable radio equipment contact:
Festival City Theatres
13 Nicolson Street
0131 662 1112