To raise money for research into ataxias and to provide information, advice and support to people affected by ataxia, carers, professionals and the general public.
- Provide information and practical advice on how to live with ataxia
- Put people with ataxia and their families in touch with each other
- Raise awareness of ataxia, so that the needs of people who have it are understood and supported
- Host conferences
- Make occasional grants in cases of extreme need
- Fund research into the cause of and treatments for Friedreich’s, cerebellar and other ataxias
- Provide advocacy for those people disadvantaged by ataxia.
Local branches and support groups are located across the United Kingdom, contact Ataxia UK for more details.
Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm (Answerphone at other times)
Helpline can be accessed Monday – Thursday, 10.30am – 2.30pm.
12 Broadbent Close