The Association of Reflexologists is the foremost aspirational and independent Professional Association for reflexology in the UK since 1984, providing benefits, advice and guidance to reflexologists and working with other external bodies and advisory groups to promote the highest standards in the profession. The Association is a not for profit organisation.
- Provides an online search facility of professionally qualified reflexologists who abide by the Association’s Codes of Practice and Ethics and maintain high professional standards, via www.aor.org.uk.
- Provides information about reflexology for the media, the medical profession and the public and promotes therapy through various media such as magazines, newspapers, the radio, the internet, etc.
- Provides an extensive range of membership benefits and services to members
- Provides support for members by establishing regional groups and offering an ongoing educational programme through seminars and workshops
- Provides a mail order service for members of items of use to practitioners
- Promotes and encourages the development of high educational standards of training for practitioners of reflexology
- Assesses practitioner courses in reflexology for accreditation to the standards set out in The Curriculum for Practitioners Course in Reflexology
- Monitors developments in complementary medicine at both government and European levels and keeps members informed
- Supports, monitors and engages in research projects into the benefits of reflexology.
The AoR has set up a network of regional groups throughout the United Kingdom. These groups are overseen by the regional Co-ordinator, who organises meetings for the group and who attends meetings with the AoR to bring forward their group’s views and suggestions.
Contact the organisation for further details.
Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm.