To provide accessible independent advocacy to disadvantaged adults in Angus.
Provide independent advocacy to adults with a mental health problem, learning disability, acquired brain injury, dementia or who have frailty in old age.
Services offered can be:
- To offer support in confidence
- Help a person to take more control of their own life
- Support when making important choices that affect a person’s life and represent their views if and when necessary
- Act in the person’s best interest to protect their rights when necessary
- Help to find information about difficult choices which may affect the person and allow them to reach decisions
- Help to speak to professionals
- Help to prepare for and accompany a person to meetings.
AIA has currently around thirty volunteer advocates and three part-time paid advocacy workers working across Angus who provide their skills, experiences and enthusiasm to support advocacy users.
Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm.
69 High Street
Last updated: July 1, 2020 4:27 pm