AMIS works with any man over 16 concerned about domestic abuse, regardless of sexuality, age, dis/ability or ethnic origin.
- Provide an opportunity to talk things through with someone who understands many of the difficulties men on the receiving end of domestic abuse can face.
- Offer support and information to men who are or have been victims of domestic abuse
- Help callers find further information or services if needed
- Seek out and cooperate with other organisations that can provide support for men who have experienced domestic abuse
- Provide presentations and training to organisations wishing to broaden their understanding of the issues faced by abused men and their children.
- Raise general awareness about men’s experience of domestic abuse
- Gather and disseminate research and other evidence on domestic abuse prevalence, causes and effects.
The helpline can be accessed Monday – Friday between 10.00am and 4.00pm.
Eric Liddell Centre
15 Morningside Road