- To provide a comprehensive and practical service for older people and disabled people living in Peterhead and the surrounding areas
- To provide convalescent, one week holidays for those who might not otherwise be able, or for relatives / carers who need a break from caring duties.
At present they own two residential caravans which are fitted for disabled access on site.
These caravans are available for weekly let to the elderly and infirm in the North East at very attractive prices.
They arrange to provide sitters who will keep the elderly or infirm, residing in the Peterhead and district area, company for short periods of time allowing their family or carers to have some time off to do other essential tasks.
- Age Peterhead owns a ten seat Renault minibus which operates in the Buchan area and is made available, with a volunteer driver, to take the elderly and infirm for runs to and from social and religious meetings.
- It is also available to care organisations for the transportation of clients to and from their various destinations.
- Individuals wishing to arrange for a private leisure/shopping trip with friends may also use the bus.
- A donation to cover the running cost of the trip is requested for these services.
Their office at 8 Thistle Street Peterhead stocks a variety of leaflets and pamphlets giving information and advice to the elderly regarding, among other things, benefits, money matters, heating and legal. Call in and have a browse
Please feel free to call in and have a browse.
Monday and Wednesday: 10.00am – 12noon, and 1.00pm – 4.00pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 10.00am – 12noon, and 2.00pm – 4.00pm
Friday: 10.00am – 12noon.
8 Thistle Street
Last updated: July 1, 2020 4:32 pm