Acas (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) aims to improve organisations and working life through better employment relations. To offer practical, independent and impartial help to employers, employees and their representatives.
Acas has launched a new ‘Early Conciliation’ service for potential employment tribunal claims. As from the 6th May 2014 contacting Acas will become a required step.
This means that people thinking of making an employment tribunal claim have to contact Acas first, so anyone intending to lodge an employment tribunal claim, will first have to notify Acas by completing a simple early Conciliation notification form at www.acas.org.uk/earlyconciliation
- Provide information and advice
- Enable people to work together effectively
- Prevent or resolve disputes between employers and their workforces
- Settle complaints about employees’ rights without the need for an Employment Tribunal hearing.
- Provide information to both employers and employees who are involved in an employment dispute or are seeking information on employment rights and rules. The Helpline provides clear, confidential, independent and impartial advice to assist the caller in resolving issues in the workplace.
National helpline (0300 123 1100) can be accessed Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm and Saturday from 9am-1pm
Or Helpline online where you can type your question:
Wide range of publications, contact the organisation for full listing.
151 West George Street
Phone: 0141 248 1400
Helpline number: 0300 123 1100
Last updated: July 1, 2020 4:26 pm