How can I get a disabled parking space outside my house?

If you need a disabled parking space outside your house, contact your council. They will assess your circumstances and may charge for this.

To qualify, you must

  • have a current blue badge
  • either be the driver of the vehicle or be assisted by a carer who is the driver if they live where the space is needed
  • keep the vehicle at the address you give on the application form
  • normally have difficulty getting a perking space on the public road.

A disabled parking space can be used by anyone with a blue badge, not just the person who applied for it.

For further information or help searching for your local council’s contact number then please contact our helpline on 0300 323 9961.

For more information on getting a blue badge, check out our Blue Badges Information Guide.

Back to top