Child Growth Foundation
Charity working for children who do not grow, or grow too much
The Child Growth Foundation was set up to ensure a child's growth is regularly monitored. It is an umbrella organisation for the following support groups.
- Growth Hormone Insufficiency / Deficiency including Multiple Pituitary Hormone Deficiency (MPHD)
- Russell Silver Syndrome including IUGR and SGA
- Bone Dysplasia including Achondroplasia
- Sotos Syndrome
- PSM including Precocious Puberty.
The Child Growth Foundation aims to ensure that every child's growth is regularly monitored so that abnormalities can be diagnosed early enough for treatment to be effective and to ensure that those children that can be treated, are treated.
- Funds research into the conditions which effect height. This is guided by the belief that children who fail to grow, or grow too much suffer socially and psychologically as well as medically.
- Runs educational programmes nationwide for social workers and medical professionals to promote an understanding of height conditions.
Membership available. Contact the organisation for details.
21 Malvern Drive
Record last updated: 5th Sep 2017