Range of post adoption services to people affected by adoption
To offer a unique range of post adoption services to people affected by adoptions that took place in Scotland. Birthlink services are also available to people who have been adopted outwith Scotland but who were born in Scotland.
- Provide information, advice, counselling and support in the delivery of its services either in person, by phone or by correspondence
- Adoption Contact Register for Scotland is available to adopted adults, birth parents and birth relatives and adoptive parents. The purpose of this register is to put adopted people and their birth parents, or other birth relatives in touch where there is mutual agreement
- Mediation service. Staff can act as a go-between during the initial stages of contact between relatives
- Scottish Adoption Registry operates in conjunction with the Adoption Contact Register. It is an index of adoptions.
Support groups from time to time.
There are charges for their services. Check with their office for current fees.
- Do it yourself Search Guide - £7.99 plus postage and packaging
- Relatively Unknown - £5.70, includes postage and packaging.
21 Castle Street
Record last updated: 10th Sep 2019