Previously known as Update, we re-branded in 2015 to ensure that our purpose was clear and easily understood to all.
Disability Information Scotland helps to guide people through the maze of disability information. We offer information via:
- a telephone helpline
- text and email services
- our website
- our online Scottish Disability Directory
- and a range of information guides and other resources.
We work with disabled people, their families, friends, carers and people who work in the sector.
Sharing information, enabling change.
Disability Information Scotland enable positive change by sharing information on disability when people need it, in a way they want it.
We provide reliable, accurate and accessible information throughout Scotland. We develop creative partnerships with other agencies to ensure information is widely distributed, accessible to all and has a positive impact on the lives of disabled people, their families, friends and carers and the people who work with them. We work with people to find out what information they need and how they would like it provided.
Our values inspire and inform all that we do:
- We care about people.
- We strive to provide a high quality, tailored, person-centred service.
- We take a positive approach in all our work.
- We subscribe to the social model of disability.
- We are open to, and encourage and support, new and interesting ideas and ways of working.
- We believe in the importance of building meaningful relationships with everyone we encounter.
If you’d like to learn more about us, please see our latest Report and Financial Statement for year ended 31st March 2019 and our Social Impact Map [PDF]. You can also read about Our Values [PDF] or call our helpline on 0300 323 9961 for more information.
We are funded by the Scottish Government