A child focused approach to resolving disputes / conflict between parents / carers of children with additional support needs and Scottish Education Authorities.
The Resolve:ASL service offers a network of fully trained, experienced mediators in neutral venues and operates with a child centered approach, with an emphasis on building trust and understanding to promote effective parent/ professional partnerships.
A RESOLVE: ASL mediator is a trained independent and neutral third party who will:
- Work with services and families to resolve disputes
- Assist in communication and encourage mutual understanding
- Assist the parties to arrive at the outcomes/agreements themselves
- Establish a basis for effective parent/professional partnerships
- A RESOLVE:ASL mediator does not make decisions or recommend solutions
The service is free for parents/ carers and children and young people.
For more information, please contact Sandra Mitchell on 0131 313 8844
Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm.
c/o Children in Scotland
Level 1, Rosebery House
9 Haymarket Terrace
Phone: 0131 313 2322