Their commitment is to ensure that:-
- people with profound and multiple learning disabilities are valued both as individuals and in the contribution they make to the community
- they should receive all the support needed to participate fully in everyday life
- their right to a full life shaped by personal choice, abilities and needs underlies all provision and policy affecting their lives
- the knowledge and experience of family carers is recognised, and that their views are fully taken into account in relation to the support they are offered.
To achieve this PAMIS offers families:
- practical help, advice, training and information
- individual support, and contact with other families
- assistance with achieving better access to community resources, whether mainstream or specialist
- the opportunity to influence policy and services significantly, both at local and national levels.
15 - 16 Springfield
University of Dundee
Last updated: July 1, 2020 4:32 pm