Fledglings is a registered charity and company which specialises in helping families who have a disabled child, or a child with a special difficulty to find simple, affordable solutions to practical problems. They have access to a wide range of specialist products and can supply them at competitive prices. They publish a catalogue containing a wide range of products including:
- wheelchair clothing / clothing, from underwear and swimwear to outerwear
- continence products
- eating and drinking equipment
- trikes, buggies, chairs
- toys and learning resources
- sensory aids
Fledglings can help anyone who cares for children with special needs of any kind: parents, grandparents, childminders, foster carers, playgroup leaders, nursery nurses, after-school club leaders, health visitors, etc.
They can help by searching for, ordering and demonstrating products to help with a child’s specific development and learning needs. They specialise in finding unusual items which may not be easily available or those designed specially for children with special needs.
In addition to searching for and supplying products, Fledglings:
- give presentations and demonstrations to parent groups, schools, etc.
- advise on possible sources of funding for large, expensive but essential items
- helps families communicate their collective needs for special products to manufacturers.
Last updated: May 20, 2021 5:13 pm