- To advance disabled people’s human rights in all relevant institutions, international organisations and agencies of the European Union in accordance with the principles of non-discrimination
- To create a political environment in which disability is seen in the context of equality of opportunity to shift away from the notion of disabled people as passive recipients of care and charity, towards a model of independent living, empowerment and equality.
- Profiling the organisation among the membership at all levels and to work closely with external partners, particularly the European institutions and Member State’s governments.
- The European Disability Forum (EDF) does not directly manage core projects, which are the domain of individual members.
- Plays a complementary, signposting networking role to assist appropriate NGO.s to undertake individual or collective work in given areas.
The EDF is currently composed of around seventy representative, European non-governmental organisations in the disability field and National Councils of Disabled People from each of the Member States of the European Union.
Square de Meeus 35