To provide a library service to people who are unable to access a building based library.
- Mobile Library Service: Two vehicles provide a weekly service to housing estates and other areas of the city which do not have easy access to community libraries. Timetables for this service are available in all community libraries or by phoning Access Services Headquarters or via the website
- Hospital Library Service: Provided to patients at the Western General and Liberton, Hospitals
- Home Delivery Service: All community libraries operate a home delivery service of books and other materials
- Library Link: Most community libraries operate this service whereby accessible transport brings users to a community library where they can choose their books personally
- Care Home and Sheltered Housing Service – monthly mobile library service to care homes, sheltered housing and retirement flats.
Edinburgh City Council catchment area.
Leaflets on Access Services are available in larger print, braille and audio tape.
Access Services Headquarters
343 Oxgangs Road North
Phone: 0131 529 5683
Fax: 0131 529 5555