To be a one stop shop for advice, information, support and advocacy for disabled people with housing problems in the Scottish Borders.
Housing advice covers a range of options including:-
- Assessment of needs
- Operating a register to better match vacant properties with disabled people who would be best suited to the house
- Keeping up to date records on all available and planned barrier free and wheelchair housing in the Borders
- General advice services on all aspects of housing services
- Working with individual disabled people in assessing aids and adaptations which may make a property more suitable to their needs
- Opening doors to the funding needed when disabled people want access to other forms of housing tenure, including ownership and shared ownership, which can mean a disabled person on benefits buying their own home
- Working with housing providers, architects, builders and individuals on barrier-free-aids, adaptations and layouts
- Provide computer training.
Housing Advisors can carry out home visits and prepare a housing plan.
1 Orchard Park
Phone: 01835 823 122